Tuesday 23 November 2021

Red Kites 23rd November 2021

Following my visit to Weymouth to see a Little Auk yesterday I felt the need to go somewhere that was quieter and less frenetic.Somewhere to be on my own and not in a busy crowded place.

Fortunately there is such a place near my home and this afternoon, in glorious sunshine I went to watch the Red Kites that gather every afternoon, waiting to be fed by a kind person who puts out food for them every day.

It is a little known area of woods and fields, unpublicised and consequently I am always on my own. Just me and the kites on a rural road betwixt and between.

When the world seems unbearable I find solace in this quiet place watching the kites circling, endlessly circling, diving and swooping in an  aerial ballet, forever graceful, their insistent whistling ringing through the cold air














































No comments:

Post a Comment