Thursday 23 August 2012

Great White Egret 23 August 2012

Managed to catch up this evening with the Great White Egret which was found today by Clackers at Pinkhill, Farmoor Reservoir and then relocated at Cassington GP's this afternoon. After fighting my way down and through a very overgrown footpath with fearsome nettles I made it to the designated spot.  It was seen very well on the far side of a shallow flooded pit feeding and looking superb in flight against a backdrop of dark green trees. I had never noticed how small their head is. It is barely wider than the very thin neck. This one gave much better views than my first one for Oxfordshire which I saw at Otmoor RSPB a few years ago

Supporting cast of 5+ Grey Heron, 1 Little Egret, 20+ Common Snipe, 120+ Lapwing, 20+ Northern Shoveler and 30+ Common Teal

No comments:

Post a Comment